Security Architecture is a one week premier course designed to teach students modern network best practice and defense in depth design through practical usage in a virtual environment. In this course students will deploy and configure core network equipment such as routers, servers, DNS, NTP, and monitoring services. Security elements including Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), firewalls, and application proxy devices. Students will gain experience attacking and taking over various common services such as web servers and user workstations.
Through hands on labs and demonstration students will work with all facets of networking, attack and defense of systems using intermediate to advanced techniques.
- Linux, Open Source
- Security Concepts, Documentation, Policy
- Virtualization, IPv4 & IPv6 Networking, Logging and Monitoring
- Packet Capture, Routing, Defense in Depth, Cryptography, Security Toolbox
- Firewalls, IDS, Reconnaissance
- Data exfiltration, Penetration Testing
Courses are designed to run on high performance computers in a virtual environment. Additional security challenges are offered throughout the course.
All students receive a personalized course completion certificate.
This course is well suited for intermediate and expert level systems and network practitioners as well as security personnel who want to challenge themselves. The course validates and builds on fundamental knowledge students should have including:
- Systems Administration - Students should be comfortable deploying various network appliances and operating systems
- Networking - Students should be familiar with IPv4 and IPv6 concepts including addressing, protocols such as ICMP, UDP, and TCP
- Security - Students should be familiar security concepts including cryptography, malware, Denial of Service (DoS) attacks.